彦と千のthousand thoughts
Profile

Generally made up of protein, water and various minerals, with diminishing oil reserves around the mid zone. Has been contributing to global warming for 25 years and trying hard to reduce the footprint now. Male, atheist, geek, savour good food and caught in rat race.

Links

Blackjettas
Bobo Bimbo
Brenda
Cheeserland
Eamonn
Four Feet Nine
Geraldine
Jay Vee
Jian Shin
Jolene
Kenny Sia
Ki Jin
Li Ann
Lie Peh
Maddox
Michael Ooi
Post Secret
Richmond
dSiant
Sandra
Shelvin
Sherlyn
Sue
Suet Li
Wingz
Yan Yan
Yee Bing



Can't find something?

History
Tools

Blogger
Blog Action Day
Deviantart
Facebook
Frienster
My Blog Log
Project Petaling Street
Rice Bowl Journals
vehemency

Monday, March 12, 2007, 10:05 pm

During home from office at 9:21 pm, with Britrock (Coldplay, Muse, Oasis and Blur only, just wanna generalise them) playing in the car audio. The MRR2 feels awfully lonely, like as if I am playing some Console Driving Sim where everything moves, but they are just plain AI (must be me overindulged in game).

The MRR2 is long. Cruising at average speed of 100kmph, and for no apparent reason, maybe I am bored, I move and turn my head around. And a nostalgic feeling strikes me. The side window, thee orange light, the peaceful ambiance, the moving picture. It feels so fun looking at it again. (Don't try this. Driving at 100kmph and looking sidewards is NOT safe).

I miss that kind of feeling of looking calmly at the window, the scenery scrolling sidewards. Ever since I know how to drive (and that is like... 8 years ago), I took the leading role, heading directly towards the destination.

Many of us are like so, if we have a set target, we will move towards it, looking at the front so hard that sometimes we miss those wonderful moment passing us, without us noticing, until too late. Yes, achieving our goal is important, but the process of getting there is just equally important.

Looking back, I wish I had pay more attention to different details. Sometimes, the smallest flower by the roadside can be as wonderful as the mega structures. Time to enjoy my ride.

I slow down my driving speed, scroll down the window and taste the night, cold breeze brushing my face, enjoying more britrocks and cruise my way home.



Labels: ,