|
彦と千のthousand thoughts
| |
|
Profile
Generally made up of protein, water and various minerals, with diminishing oil reserves around the mid zone. Has been contributing to global warming for 25 years and trying hard to reduce the footprint now. Male, atheist, geek, savour good food and caught in rat race. Links
Blackjettas Can't find something?
History
Tools
Blogger |
Friday, September 19, 2008, 11:03 pm
I drive to work. The distance by road from my home to office is about 25km, give or take 2km. However, it will take me about an hour just to get to work. This is because of the usually morning rush hour traffic, and so does the evening rush hour traffic.Not a very special route. Just driving pass housing area, highways, city and by passes. Nothing special, really. However, there is one particular stretch of road that I hate it. And I hate it with a passion. So much that I decided to write about it. This is the last part of my route before I can reach my office. The name is Jalan Kepong (Jalan is street in Malay, Kepong is the name). It is about 2-3km in distance. But why do I hate about it? Firstly, a little bit of history lesson. I worked in my current company for about 2 and a half years. I have been using the same old route. In that short little 3km stretch, it has 9 traffic lights. NINE! The road is always on repair mode. The are always trying to fix the road, detour it here and there, and yet, over 2 and a half years, it is still not done. Not that they are building anything big. They are just fixing it here at there. I guess the phrase Slow! Men at work can be rephrase to Slow men at work! to reflect the situation. On top of that, It has 2 pedestrian bridge. People there never use them. You get to see them gamble their very valueble (or valueless?) life by jay crossing directly below the bridge, with traffic at 60-80kmph. How adventurous can that be? Next, the motorcyclist. They ride as if they own the road. Jalan Kepong is a 2 laner. One of which is occupied by heavy vehicle, such as buses and lorries. Another is by the brainless riders. They ride so slowly and happily obstructing the rest of the cars until:- 1. They get horned. 2. They get pwned. Well, that is just my everyday observation of this particular part of my route to work. I never like this stretch. But I still have to drive them over and over again. Just like life. There are always things you never like, but without those, you will not reach your destination. Life is fun because there are some things you don't like as a bottom standard. If everything is just easy, life wouldn't be challenging anymore, right? Labels: everyday thing, post+1 braincell -1
|