|
彦と千のthousand thoughts
| |
|
Profile
Generally made up of protein, water and various minerals, with diminishing oil reserves around the mid zone. Has been contributing to global warming for 25 years and trying hard to reduce the footprint now. Male, atheist, geek, savour good food and caught in rat race. Links
Blackjettas Can't find something?
History
Tools
Blogger |
Saturday, January 21, 2006, 1:15 pm
Yes, I know I am Chinese, but that doesn't mean I use the Lunar Calender system. But well, I still respect those who uses it. Lunar New Year, some called it Chinese New Year, or the Festival of New Spring, simple means another new year in the lunar calender system *duh*. But so, why do you people have to make a big fuss about that and start blasting the sky with fire crakers and fire works... I know its tradition, but can you PLEASE be more considerate and allow the poor soul that is typing here a good night sleep? However, as sly as I am, I still act a Chinese give out red packets/ang pows during the CNY as part of the tradition, well, actually this is the one of the part I enjoy, other than good snacks. It is common for married/working adults to give the juniors money in a red packet as a symbol of growing in age and good luck. The amount and vary from a ringgit or two to a few hundreds, it really depends on the giver. The CNY this year, as usual, I will not be around home again, so dont bother coming to my house at least the first week of CNY. I will be flying to the land of HOLY COW!!. Hopefully that will be a pleasant trip with good food.
|