彦と千のthousand thoughts
Profile

Generally made up of protein, water and various minerals, with diminishing oil reserves around the mid zone. Has been contributing to global warming for 25 years and trying hard to reduce the footprint now. Male, atheist, geek, savour good food and caught in rat race.

Links

Blackjettas
Bobo Bimbo
Brenda
Cheeserland
Eamonn
Four Feet Nine
Geraldine
Jay Vee
Jian Shin
Jolene
Kenny Sia
Ki Jin
Li Ann
Lie Peh
Maddox
Michael Ooi
Post Secret
Richmond
dSiant
Sandra
Shelvin
Sherlyn
Sue
Suet Li
Wingz
Yan Yan
Yee Bing



Can't find something?

History
Tools

Blogger
Blog Action Day
Deviantart
Facebook
Frienster
My Blog Log
Project Petaling Street
Rice Bowl Journals
vehemency

Tuesday, October 18, 2005, 7:23 pm

If someone ask me what kind of genre of music I am listening to right now, I would say Metals. If they ask me 2 year ago I would say Trance. If they ask me 5 year ago I would say Jpop.

There are always people argueing everywhere about which genre of music is the best. Serious, I would say none. That depends on where you grow you, your personal taste and how you define music. Lyrics, rhythm, tune, instrument used, skills of the band or singer are just one of the many factors. Younger kiddos would enjoy a catchy pop tune over some rock. They also prefer looks of the singer over skills.

In my personal opinion, I think music is about... well, music. That means the melody and tune is the key to the song. Therefore, the famous hiphop, rap that genre us very sucky to me. Why? because all they need is to repeat the same short melody over over and over again and they are crapping out words and has no good sounding tune.

Pop is acceptable as long as it is not to pop-ish. Meaning with proper set up, pop song is good too.

Jazz and blues and countries, oldies are goldies. Bossa Nova, my recent fav genre too.

Trance and techno, use to be good until the recent outbreaks of Lalas and Ahbengs in Malaysia. If you are Malaysian, you will get my drift.

:S:S
Where the hell am I?
Whatever... random crapping done for the day.